Sunday, April 13, 2008

Listmania...

Hello everybody, I am going to start with the listmania.
In my opinion the people tend to do list because we are in the age of the information and there is too much information that it is necessary to organize somehow and for this motive we have the mania of do list about all.
In the same way, we can have a orientation of what are the best movies, the best songs, the best books...
Moreover, the list is a good method for the people like me, who has a bad bad memory...
because you can remaind all the things that you need for intands when you go to the supermarket.
The pace of life of the current society is very rapid, people is not in the habit of having a lot of time, because of it the listmania is a made summary of for what you want to look, for what we save time.
That all that I can say about this...

4 comments:

Aksel said...

Yeah! I agree with you. Lists make the world a much better place for us with the memory of a goldfish ;)

Amarilda said...

The fact that you said about the big amount of information that we have nowadays is true, but that doesn't mean that we necessary need lists. And I want to say also who decide about the lists? You mentioned best books, best movies but everyone has a different perception of what is good. We really need a list that says those are the best songs? I can agree with someone about something just if you give me facts and critical view and not just a list.

swedenuniversity said...

Hello Amarilda!
In my point of view, the listmania is link to the big quantity of information that we have because is a good way of make a summary of this information, if you have only 3 movies, of course you do not need a list, but if you have thousand of movies a list can we useful,this is my opinion.
And i think that in the most of the cases, the lists are based in the opinion of a big quantity of people, not only in one persons.
As for the music, on the most sold discs and in the movies more conference, I believe that for my it is enough, but i respect that you need more reasons and it criticizes one.
A greeting

Rosalía Rodríguez said...

We do a list to go to the supermarket but always we buy something that we did not have in the list... :)

I like your argument.